Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Where do spa people go to relax?


People visiting Ste. Anne's will often ask me, so what do you guys do when you need to relax?  While I love to travel, I tend to want to travel as an extension of my job; I want to be the tour guide, with an entourage, showing people the wonderful places that I have been lucky enough to experience.  But at the end of the day, I'm not sure that really allows anyone, least of all me, to really relax.  So for the next two weeks, I am trying to practice what I preach at Ste. Anne's - allow myself the freedom to do nothing.  It takes me a few days to let go, (i.e., here I am logged into blogger to update my oft neglected blog), but after a few long walks on the beach and a massage with Bridget, my body will start to switch into low gear.  The edge comes off and I become human again, or at least that's the plan.  Having friends and family around always helps as well.  So, this is day three of the program.  We are on a little island in the Bahamas called Harbour Island, staying at Seadream House - a miracle in itself - lost to fire in 2009, but lovingly built back up better than ever by owners Bill and Julie Corcoran.  Harbour Island is tiny - only about 3 miles long and about a mile wide, but it overflows with wonderful people who welcome visitors with open arms.  There is always fresh seafood at the dock, lots of sun and surf, and absolutely nothing to do.  Cell phone service is so expensive it is prohibitive, so other than the odd wi-fi zone that allows you to plug in, most of the time you are free of the need to be on the phone or send endless text messages.  This is my prescription for stress relief.  I'll let you know how it works next time I post.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.