Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Waiting for their 15 minutes of fame
This past Saturday, I had the day to myself and wasn't really sure how I was going to use it.  As fate would have it, a friend passed me on the highway and asked me what I was doing.  She was on her way to the Royal Winter Agricultural Fair in Toronto and that was all I needed to help me decide to meet her there.  I think I may have been to the Royal years and years ago as a child when my dad owned some Charolais cattle and we were showing.  More recently, an equestrian enthused guest invited David and I to join her at one of the equestrian events, which was quite entertaining.  But this year, I wondered into the cow and horse barns in behind the main exhibit halls where you get to see all of the country folks working with their animals in preparation for the competitions.  I ran into a few people from my neck of the woods, and had a good look around.  It's quite comical to see these rough and tumble farm guys fluffing and blow drying their cow's tails in preparation for the judging.  All in all it was an enjoyable day in the city immersed in the country.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.