Monday, November 10, 2008

Never again

I've never fought in a war, and yet I complain because of the inconveniences we endure as a result of the war on terrorism. Last night I went to see Passchendaele and as my eyes teared up over the shear travesty of the human loss portrayed in this great Canadian film, I can't help but think that there has to be a better way to work out our differences. In the meantime, on Tuesday, at the 11th hour of the 11th day of the 11th month, I plan to be giving thanks for the men and women who have given their time and their lives so that I could have mine, and I will be praying that our human race can become inspired to find a way to stop killing each other. Enter November 11th at 11 a.m. as a recurring appointment in your Blackberry, your Iphone, or your smartphone. I hope you will join me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.