Sunday, August 24, 2008

A night on the town








This past week, Shelby, our account manager at Roger's Media invited us to join her in the Roger's box at the Roger's Centre to watch the Toronto Blue Jays take on the New York Yankees. As part of our night on the town we were also treated to a room at the Windsor Arms Hotel. I don't think I've ever stayed at The Windsor Arms before, but I do have fond memories of meals enjoyed in the Three Small Rooms many years ago, before the hotel's major renovation that saw the addition of condominiums and the closing of this Toronto culinary treasure. Everything about this hotel is first class, especially the service - impeccable. The only thing missing were other guests. The place seemed rather empty. Newly renovated rooms are beautifully decorated and equipped with state of the art electronic TV and audio equipment, so much so that I couldn't figure out how to operate it. The only fault I found is more a general observation than a criticism - I found it nearly impossible to read anything due to my aging eyes, due to low lighting and small print. The Jays didn't disappoint. Everything you could imagine is provided for you in the Roger's box from hot dogs to sushi and a chocolate covered ice cream bar to top it off. Baseball can be a little slow but this game was well played with an exciting 2-1 win by the Jays. My hat really goes off to Shelby, our hostess for the evening. She is a consummate and professional sales executive who has mastered the art of building client loyalty with exemplary customer service and a focus on strengthening personal relationships. I love being sold by a pro!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.