Monday, June 23, 2008

The cycle of life























A couple of days ago, I noticed that there were three birds, (I think they were Morning Doves) sitting on a bush outside my office window. Two of them appeared to be checking out a vacant nest while the other looked on. I couldn't help but wonder what kind of family this was; could it be a husband and wife with the mother-in-law in tow, or perhaps a young lady with two gentleman suitors? In any case, I noticed one of them sitting in the nest today for a while, at which time another one came along to relieve her; I guess she had to go out and do some chores, or maybe meet up with her other "friend". Who knows, these days nothing surprises. While the nest was empty, I took a picture, and what do you know - there were a couple of fresh eggs. (Good thing I'd already had my breakfast). All day one or the other bird has been sitting patiently to unwittingly bring another couple of beatiful lives into the world - pretty amazing when you stop to think about it. Maybe a birds life beats a dog's life, flying, singing as opposed to barking - not bad - maybe a consideration for my next life. Also pictured above is my latest little niece posing with several of her cousins - no shortage of girls in this family, wink, wink, nudge, nudge.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.