Saturday, October 27, 2007

Why all the fuss?

When I was a little boy, birthdays were really something to look forward to. For one day of the year, all the attention was focused on ME! But now, as I draw perilously close to the big five-oh, I really don't know that I want to make such a big deal of it any more. Sure, I'm grateful for the life I've been given, and the many blessings I enjoy, but I'm not sure I need to commemorate it with a party or any kind of fuss. It seems a little self serving when there are so many people in the world who are lacking the very basics of life, like clean drinking water, or dignity, or peace. So today, please join me in praying that we who have something to celebrate will be given the opportunity, the wisdom, the encouragement and the inspiration to do something meaningful for those who are less fortunate than us, by fully using the gifts that have been bestowed upon us to make our world a better place.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.