Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Has this picture been retouched?

It seemed to me that there was much more hype leading up to the recent time change than there has been in the past. Granted, we did move our clocks ahead earlier than we have in the past, and we are following in the wake of our big neighbour to the south (once again), but really, the idea of shifting time has been around since 1916. At my house, all the hype turned into stress. We actually had a back-up plan just in case we didn't wake up on time for the 9:00 mass. We would have breakfast first, and then go to the 11:00 mass. If one person woke up before the other, be sure to wake everyone up, but not too early. My goodness, it's only an hour we're talking about here! As it turned out, I woke up at the usual time, (the time that my bladder tells me to wake up). We made it to the early mass, no problem. Since then, I've actually slept in a little later, but still seem to get to work at the same time. And to be honest with you, I don't think I'm using any less electricity, but I guess the jury's still out on that. Now, speaking of sleep, I usually go to bed right after watching the CTV 11:00 news at 10:00, which is 10:30. I brush my teeth, take my vitamins, and then, I put a peppermint flavoured sub lingual melatonin under my tongue, put on my 1.25 reading glasses, read for 20 minutes, and fall asleep, just like clockwork. I can't say that melatonin is for everyone, but it sure does the trick for me - but then, when I started taking it, I didn't have trouble getting to sleep, or sleeping through the night, for that matter. I first started taking melatonin purely out of vanity, when about 10 years I watched a CBC news segment claiming that people who took melatonin reduced the symptoms of aging. I was in Montreal for the weekend, and was so intrigued by this concept that I went across the border into the U.S. to find some. At first I didn't notice any change, but before long, I was hooked on the sleep inducing and jet lag softening effects of this little pill. You be the judge - has 10 years of melatonin reduced the signs of aging, or do you think this picture has been retouched (this picture was taken when I was 17,650 days old)? Speaking of the signs of aging - go see Wild Hogs, it'll make you laugh. Have a great day, and sleep tight tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.