Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Slimming down


I guess I'm one of the lucky ones - I've never really had to worry about my weight. I don't know whether it's my metabolism, or my genes, but for most of the last thirty years my weight has hovered around 170 lbs. (I'm 6 ft. tall). Mind you, I do get the odd comment about my chicken legs, but only when I am wearing shorts and hanging out with my very best friends. I know I have chicken legs - I've seen pictures! However, as I approach the big half century mark, I have noticed my belly starting to protrude a bit. What really shocked me though was when I stepped on the scales at my brother's house a few months ago and read 185 lbs. Never in my life have I weighed 185 lbs. It was time to do something. The next day, I was in the Vitamin Shoppe and a very helpful chap approached me and asked if he could be of service. I smiled and said that I'd like something that would get rid of my tummy. He promptly walked me over to a product called CLA, and said that it would target belly fat. He suggested taking it for about 9 weeks, at which time I would start to notice results. This is not an endorsement - it's just my story; today I stepped on the scales and I was down to 175 lbs. and my belly is smaller. In the meantime, I saw a piece on the CTV news talking about CLA and the promise it had shown in a recent trial. I've attached a link to a body building site that answers some questions about CLA, if you're interested in finding out more. Of course, changes to diet and exercise routines are undoubtedly just as effective. (By the way, those two guys in the picture are not me!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.