Friday, December 1, 2006

Rain, rain, rain


As I left for work this morning the driving rain hit my face with a little more force than what one might think of as refreshing. Much less desirable than a spritz from a bottle of Aveda Toning Mist! None-the-less, there is something nice about a good fall rain; mother nature making one final effort to clean up the place as she drives the last few leaves from the trees preparing to lay down the first blanket of white, fluffy snow. I'm not really a winter person, but several years ago I decided to try to make the best of my situation by indulging in a few winter sports that some would not necessarily associate with the spa lifestyle. The old adage "if you can't beat 'em, join 'em" seemed to resonate. Yes, I admit it, I am a snowmobiler. There, I said it. I love it - the people are great; there's a real sense of camaraderie out on the trails, everyone has fun and looks out for each other. And of course the scenery is spectacular and the speeds can sometimes be exhilarating. All that being said, I guess I'm now one of those who says, "if it's going to be winter, we might as well have snow. So let's hope we skip the freezing rain and go right into a foot of nice powder. In the meantime, we can make the best of a crackling fire, a comfy couch and a good book. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.