Tuesday, November 21, 2006


Since leaving Toronto 16 years ago to make the move back to Grafton and Ste. Anne's, I find myself spending less and less time in the city. However, when I do need to be in "the big smoke", I find I am drawn to parts of the city that remind me of my home in the country. More often than not, I treat myself to a night at The Old Mill Inn& Spa. Not only have they perfected the fine art of hospitality, I just love the architecture, the comfortable rooms, and the old world charm that brings this place together. Walking into the dining room is like stepping back in time - huge wooden beams and stone walls connect soaring ceilings in a series of rooms that echo the sounds of the musicians who play here nightly. And, as you would expect, the food is wonderfully presented and delicious. I salute the Kalmar family who have done a fantastic job of keeping a Toronto landmark alive. My only disappointment is with my lack of planning, which usually means that spa appointments are not available for me to book at the last minute, a sign that this out of the way place continues to be a popular destination for Torontonians looking for a unique and exquisitely comfortable escape within the city limits.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.